For information on some of the communities in Prairie North, please refer to their websites as per the links below:
Live, Work, Play
...in Prairie North Health Region
Prairie North Health Region puts the patient and family first and is continually looking to improve the way we deliver top-quality care.
Prairie North Health Region (PNHR) covers a large and geographically diverse area in the northwest part of central Saskatchewan, as well as the border city of Lloydminster. Economically, PNHR is a vibrant and growing region with key industries such as agriculture, oil and gas, forestry, tourism and recreation. The Region serves over 96,000 residents including clients living in Lloydminster, AB. The Region area is nearly 30,000 km2 and includes 3 cities, 6 towns, 19 villages, 5 resort villages and 14 First Nations communities. Our communities are in close proximity to many lakes, golf courses and other outdoor recreational opportunities for the whole family.
With over 3,500 employees and over 100 physicians (general practitioners & specialists) providing programs and services in:
- 2 Regional Hospitals - Lloydminster & North Battleford
- 1 Distric Hospital - Meadow Lake
- 2 Community Hospitals with attached Special Care Homes - Maidstone & Turtleford
- 1 Provincial Psychiatric Rehabilitation Hospital - Saskatchewan Hospital - has the province's only Forensic Services Program - ** new facility construction underway with openning slated for Spring 2018! **
- 5 Health Centres with attached Special Care Homes - Cut Knife, Edam, Goodsoil, Loon Lake & St. Walburg
- 2 Health Centres - Neilburg & Paradise Hill
- 4 Special Care Homes - Saskatchewan - Battlefords District Care Centre, Jubilee Home, Northland Pioneer Lodge, River Heights Lodge
- 7 Primary Health Care Central Sites
- 2 Special Care Homes - in Lloydminster, Alberta - Dr. Cooke Extended Care Centre, Lloydminster Continuing Care
North Battleford featured on Today in America
There are local community colleges in Lloydminster, North Battleford, and Meadow Lake. Lakeland Collegeis located in Lloydminster, while Northwest Regional Collegehas campuses in North Battleford and Meadow Lake.