Join Our Team
Live, Work, Play
Saskatchewan Health Authority (former Prairie North Health Region) puts the patient and family first and is continually looking to improve the way we deliver top-quality care.
The former Prairie North Health Region covers a large and geographically diverse area in the northwest part of central Saskatchewan, as well as the border city of Lloydminster. Economically, this is a vibrant and growing area with key industries such as agriculture, oil and gas, forestry, tourism and recreation. The area serves over 96,000 residents including clients living in Lloydminster, AB and includes 3 cities, 6 towns, 19 villages, 5 resort villages and 14 First Nations communities. Our communities are in close proximity to many lakes, golf courses and other outdoor recreational opportunities for the whole family.
The former Prairie North Health Region has over 3,500 employees and over 100 physicians (general practitioners & specialists) providing programs and services in:
- 2 Regional Hospitals - Lloydminster & North Battleford
- 1 District Hospital - Meadow Lake
- 2 Community Hospitals with attached Special Care Homes - Maidstone & Turtleford
- 1 Provincial Psychiatric Rehabilitation Hospital - Saskatchewan Hospital - has the province's only Forensic Services Program - Brand new facility opened November 2018.
- 5 Health Centres with attached Special Care Homes - Cut Knife, Edam, Goodsoil, Loon Lake & St. Walburg
- 2 Health Centres - Neilburg & Paradise Hill
- 4 Special Care Homes - Saskatchewan - Battlefords District Care Centre, Jubilee Home, Northland Pioneer Lodge, River Heights Lodge
- 7 Primary Health Care Central Sites
- 2 Special Care Homes - in Lloydminster, Alberta - Dr. Cooke Extended Care Centre, Lloydminster Continuing Care
For information on some of the communities in the former Prairie North Health Region, please refer to their websites as per the links below:
There are local community colleges in Lloydminster, North Battleford, and Meadow Lake. Lakeland College is located in Lloydminster, while North West College has campuses in North Battleford and Meadow Lake.